Wednesday, 27 April 2011

P1100639

P1100645

So the fabric I ordered for my Leaver's Ball dress has arrived! I decided to go with a navy blue colour since I'm more into subtle colours and I have shoes and other accessories that would work nicely with this colour. It will probably end up looking a bit like my Pre-Raphaelite dress except this time, I will use a long enough zip.

I ordered two fabrics: georgette and satin-backed-crepe. The satin-backed-crepe is actually in two pieces because the website I ordered them from didn't have one piece of fabric that I was the size I wanted. So now I have about half a metre more than I originally ordered but I'll probably end up needing it. 

I was worried about the satin-backed-crepe being a little too heavy and I really couldn't tell from the fabric samples. I want this fabric to make up the actual structure of the dress, so I can drape the georgette over the top of it, so it needs to be fairly heavyweight, but I want it to drape nicely and kind of flow when I walk. I think the fabric will do what I want. I just need to start making it asap so I don't run out of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment