Monday, 21 February 2011

P1090666

P1090667

P1090668

P1090669

P1090670

P1090671

P1090678

P1090673

P1090674

P1090672

P1090688

P1090689

P1090680

P1090683

P1090681

This post is just to show more photographs of my Pre-Raphaelite inspired dress. I'm sorry for the image overload. They're not even good quality photographs since didn't use a nice camera and the dress wouldn't fit over my dress form due a short zip (my fault) so I have no photographs of what it looks like on. Perhaps when I get it back, I'll be able to post better photographs.

Some of the things I didn't mention in my other post were that I lined the bodice with a Liberty of London cotton lawn which happens to be designed by Pre-Raphaelite member, William Morris. I also had to add extra support to the shoulder strap to hold all the draping down or it would do its own thing. The skirt is made up of a base skirt which is just a simple A-Line skirt with a few darts in the back. I then draped chiffon over the sides to create a petal/ tulip look. My photographs make this look confusing so new photographs really would help. Oh well... I'm just glad to have handed this project in already.

2 comments:

  1. It's so beautiful!

    And thanks for your nice comments! Oh, I've heard it rains much in UK, am I right? Nah the weather in Sweden summertime can be moody too, buut one can always wish ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow this looks beautiful! i love the color and the fabric you used. i can't wait to see the picture on model! those drapes and tucks must have been a lot of work to make.. you did a great job!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete