Saturday, 30 April 2011

P1100656

P1100661

P1100669

P1100683

P1100647

This was a necklace I made for my Mum's birthday and I followed this tutorial by Tilly of Tilly & The Buttons.

For this necklace I used scraps of fabric that I had leftover from previous things: a printed silk for the body of the necklace and a plain navy cotton for the straps to add length to the necklace and because I thought the silk would be too slippery to knot it for the fastening. I used beads from an old necklace and to prevent the pattern from the beads showing through the printed silk fabric, I added an extra layer of white polyester lining fabric.

Hopefully, Mum will like it. I picked fabric in colours she wears alot. Towards the end of finishing the necklace, I did start to rush it as I knew she'd be back soon hence the messy topstitching at the end of the straps. I should have used a matching navy thread...

P.S. I have no idea what is going on with my ear in the 3rd photo. Weird...

No comments:

Post a Comment