Saturday, 23 April 2011

Handmade Bucket List No. 4: Prom Dress

Next month, my school is having a Leaver's Ball for all the people who will be finishing school this academic year. It's kinda not really a prom. We had a "prom" almost 2 years ago after finishing GCSEs and I think I prefer the word "Ball" better. It sounds more grownup I guess.

Anyway. I seriously think that getting ready is the best part. I love trying to decide what I'm going to wear and there was no doubt about it. I am going to make my dress. I've been compiling a folder of inspiration on my computer for months now and I think I've made a final decision but what's in my head may look different to what I will actually be able to make, so I'll just post pictures for now.

sarah seven spring 2011 5

mlh-violet-gown-spring-lilac-mlh-e9e98f-2-l

Jason Wu

Scarlet Silk Hand Gathered Bustier Gown by reddoll on 3

Red Marchesa Dress

Coco Mademoiselle dress2

I'm so excited to actually start making it! As you can see from the photographs, there are a few themes going on that I'm intended to incorporate into my dress. Strapless, floorlength, drapery, sweetheart neckline. And that's all I'll leave you with for now.

Images from 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

2 comments:

  1. wow, they're all amazing!
    i think my favourite is the first, they have a similar one in french connection atm!
    and yes, my top's from UO, yay :D xxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://www.frenchconnection.com/product/Woman+Collections+Bestsellers/71XB5/Shelbys+Summer+Maxi+Dress.htm
    that's the dress i meant, slightly different but i still love it :)
    and yeah, it's this random watercolour of a sunset i did last night as i watched the sun set out my window and was bored! haha xxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete