So after digging around in the loft for a while, I came across the quilted cushion that my Mum made, which I mentioned in a previous post. I took photographs to share it with you. I think it matches my duvet cover quite well.
I've also started making my own quilted cushion cover in the same style as my Mum's. I've been following an old Threadbanger video and using up scraps of fabric. Here's just a little sneak peak at what it looks like so far. It's quite time-consuming and is making my fingers raw with all this handsewing.
Hopefully, if all goes well with this project, I'll take on a full sized quilt, except I'd use a half square triangle technique. Yep. I've done a little research into quilting. However, I don't think I'll be doing any handsewing only projects for a while after this cushion cover is finished.





I tried the hand sewing technique and promptly gave up, i really didn't have the patience. the results look great tho! loving your blog btw!
ReplyDelete