I originally intended to focus this blog just on my little handmade projects. However, I kind of want to start a little blog series. Just so I can make a record of my thoughts in one neat little place. So without further ado, I give you my handmade bucket list blog series: a series of posts about big projects I want to take on at some point in my life.
1. a quilt
I really really want to make a quilt someday. I think it would be the perfect way to use up scraps of fabrics and it really doesn't look too complicated to make. Just a lot of sewing in a straight line. Except I'm not too good at cutting precisely which is a big issue for quilting. Now matter what, I will get around to making one someday.
The images above make me want a quilt so badly. And I love the idea of taking on board a huge project and the sense of accomplishment after finishing it. The quilts in the images look simple enough to recreate but look so good because the combination of all the different fabrics works so well together.
Maybe a pillow would be a good starting project? Small enough to get to grips with it as well as taking less time. I'm sure my mother has a quilted pillow that she made. I'd love to find it. I remember admiring her hand stitches since they were so tiny and neat...
Images came from Dores Handmade, Design Sponge and I have no record of where the quilted pillow came from so if anyone does recognise it, please let me know.
Maybe a pillow would be a good starting project? Small enough to get to grips with it as well as taking less time. I'm sure my mother has a quilted pillow that she made. I'd love to find it. I remember admiring her hand stitches since they were so tiny and neat...
Images came from Dores Handmade, Design Sponge and I have no record of where the quilted pillow came from so if anyone does recognise it, please let me know.




Wow, I love the first one! I would love to sew one, some day too. I really enjoy your blog :)
ReplyDeletei would love to make a quilt too :)
ReplyDeletex Camilla
intothefoldfashion.blogspot.com
A quilt is a great idea, I love that first one in particular :)
ReplyDeleteDayByDiva
DayByDiva
DayByDiva