I love how ridiculously easy tote bags are to make. The first bag was made for this past summer holiday. I thought it would actually survive in my suitcase and I wouldn't mind if it got wrinkled up. I used calico for the body of the bag and then left over floral fabric for the accents. I finished it off with a little bow in a similar colour. This bag is actually reversible. I made the lining in such a way that I can completely turn the bag inside out if I want to for a different bag altogether. I've not actually used it this way but it didn't involve a great deal of work so I'm not bothered, I'm now using it as my knitting bag and it holds my current knitting projects and all my little bits and bobs like my cable needle or crochet hook is kept in the front pocket.
The second tote bag was one of the first things I ever made when I was first got into sewing. I saw a similar style bag in a local boutique-type shop and thought it was way over-priced so I actually made it myself. The fabrics were found in the attic so I've not idea where my Mum bought them from. I made the bag so it would purposely fray and I think that adds a little to it's character. It probably won't survive as long as my other tote bag but it works well for now. I used to use it as my music bag when I was learning to play the flute. Now it just holds all my ribbon, zips and boning,






No comments:
Post a Comment